[pdx.st] Smalltalk foundation meeting

Andres Valloud avalloud at smalltalk.comcastbiz.net
Fri Nov 28 16:33:47 PST 2014

I can't help asking "who is our audience", "what is our message", and
"which future do we want".

Sometimes I feel what's missing is that old magic, roughly described as
having a tremendous enabling impact.  Put differently, although we are
inventing a future, the vision of that future is not necessarily ours.
We are so caught up maintaining our past that we do not push forward as
hard as we could, while somebody else's future happens to us.

A way out of this state is to invent a future we would like.  What is
our future, exactly?  How do we describe the people that will share in
this future?  What is our message?  Who is our audience?

These are serious questions, not meant to be asked rhetorically.  If you
feel you have to answer, remember speed is not of the essence.  Perhaps
you can think of other serious questions?