[pdx.st] Smalltalk curriculum?

Tim Johnson digit at sonic.net
Mon Dec 5 08:39:14 PST 2016

Hi,

I'm looking for undergraduate programs which offer some coverage of Smalltalk.  I have found that there are some Smalltalkers at Portland State University.  Is there some Smalltalk curriculum on offer there?

I'm an adult student at this point, having dropped out of university many years ago and attending community colleges full- or part-time ever since.  Math is not my favorite subject (though I certainly respect it) but I have always very much enjoyed language, the liberal arts, humanities, and programming -- which I have been pretty successful at, both as a hobby and professionally, since I was a kid.

So as I get closer to my goal of transferring back into a 4-year program, I am looking for a program that allows me to exercise my passion for Smalltalk and dynamic languages, as well the next level down (C) and data structures, without requiring me to contort my brain uncomfortably into a mathematical straitjacket.

Any tips?

Thanks,
Tim